Indian premier league (IPL) is a t20 format cricket league, At IPL batsman control the bowlers in the t20 format.
Batsmen always targeted the bowlers for scoring high and building pressure on them and many times bowlers got distracted from their bowling line and that time the batsman got the chance to hit fours and sixes in the overs.
Also, in the same way, many bowers build pressure on the batsman to hit the wrong shot so they can get the wickets. Below we have listed the top wicket-takers in IPL history.
In the IPL earlier the role of a batsman is considered higher as compare to the bowler, but now bowling is a thing in matches that can turn losing matches into winning matches.
Now every team lookout for the top bowlers in their team that can hit wickets in the matches, without good bowling, it’s not possible that the team can win the matches.
In the IPL with time many bowlers have proved themselves over the years and are listed on the top charts in the list of Highest number of wickets takers in the IPL history.
All top players had excellent bowlers skills and different types of bowling styles.
List of Highest Number of Wickets Takers in IPL History
1. Lasith Malinga
2. Amit Mishra
3. Piyush Chawla
4. Dwayne Bravo
5. Harbhajan Singh
1. Lasith Malinga – In the list of Highest Number of Wicket takers Lasith Malinga is in the first position.
He played 122 and in which he took 170 wickets.
Malinga playing IPL from the beginning and played for the Mumbai Indians team.
Malinga is also recognised as one of the best bowlers & top-rated players in the IPL ever.
2. Amit Mishra – The leg spinner Amit Mishra also on the list of highest numbers of wicket-takers in the IPL history, he is in the second position in this list, he participated in 150 matches in which he named 160 wickets in his basket.
Amit Mishra played IPL with the three teams, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Delhi Capitals and Deccan Chargers.
3. Piyush Chawla – The leg-spinning all-rounder Piyush Chawla, is in the 3rd position in the list of Highest Number of Wicket takers in the IPL history.
He is also the most recognized bowler in the cricket world, In the IPL he booked four-wicket hauls. Chawla represented two IPL franchises Kolkata Knight Riders and CSK.
Currently playing with the CSK team.
He played 164 matches in which he took 156 wickets.
4. Dwayne Bravo – Dwayne Bravo comes in the 4th position in the list of the highest number of wicket-takers in IPL History.
Bravo played 140 matches in which he took 153 wickets.
Currently, Dwayne Bravo plays for Chennai Super Kings as a bowler and lower-order batsman.
5. Harbhajan Singh – The all-time best spinner Harbhajan Singh is in the 5th position in the list of the highest number of wicket-takers in IPL History.
Harbhajan Singh played 160 matches in which he took 150 wickets.
Harbhajan Singh played three seasons with the Chennai Super Kings team.